Archaeologists at the Sa Ferradura site in Porto Cristo, considered to be the oldest fortification in Mallorca, are focusing on defining the limits of the wall structures that made up the defensive enclosure. The coordinator of the excavation, Damià Ramis, says that it is a site that very clearly illustrates the end of the Naviform era and the start of the Talaiotic culture (roughly 1200-1100 BC).
Excavation at Mallorca's oldest fortification
Archaeological work has been going on since 2011
Also in News
- Marga Prohens, the centre right politician who spent her summers in Southampton, looks set to be new Balearic President
- Six-year-old girl falls from a third floor in Palma
- Oprah Winfrey in Mallorca holiday
- Monday's weather in Mallorca - alerts for rain and thunderstorms
- It´s not fare. Palma taxi problems mount
To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and logged in
Currently there are no comments.