Almost a month on from the first eruptions, Friday evening data from the European Union's Copernicus satellite system established that 1,835 constructions/buildings had been destroyed in La Palma.
Over 1,800 buildings now destroyed in La Palma
750 hectares affected
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman