Antonio Oliver, head of the Son Espases Hospital microbiology service, says that Omicron will soon become the dominant variant in the Balearics. It currently represents 25% of daily positive cases, whereas this was eight per cent last week. Transmissibility is such that Dr. Oliver forecasts that more than half of cases will be Omicron within a few days.
Measures to be presented, as Omicron set to become dominant variant
Also in News
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma