According to latest figures from the General Council of Notaries, 56,272 properties in the Balearics have been purchased by foreign buyers over the past ten years. Foreign buying has increased in all regions of Spain, but the market in the Balearics has its own particular characteristics. It is led by German buyers - whether for permanent residence or as second homes - while the islands also have the highest average price in the country.
Foreign buying driving up house prices in the Balearics
Also in News
- Award-winning British actress braves the weather at home in Mallorca
- Final touches to Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló's spectacular home in Porto Cristo
- Scoff your ham and cheese sandwich before landing in Mallorca
- Friday's weather in Mallorca - another storm forecast
- Mallorca to remain on weather alert for the next week as freak storm hits
To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and logged in
Currently there are no comments.