Més in Minorca are calling for limits to foreign buying.
Various factors contributing to the increase in house prices.
The residential property market is said to be "booming".
The housing shortage is contributing to the rise in prices.
A 0.7% increase in February was the highest in the country.
The cost to buy and rent a property in the Balearics has increased on average by 40% since 2014.
House prices have gone up by 31%, while salaries have increased by just two per cent.
Madrid, Catalonia and the Balearics have been the three regions driving the recovery in the property market.
Salaries are deemed inadequate in the Balearics for the purchase of the average home. Foreign buyers are the ones helping to keep the market buoyant.
- Britons will have to pay to come to Mallorca from 2022
- More bad news for British residents driving in Spain
- Palma airport damaging Mallorca's image in the UK
- Tourist who dived into Magalluf pool was egged on by friends
- Enough is enough! Petition launched after UK driving licences banned in Spain for residents