The Calvari steps are an iconic feature of Pollensa. Thousands upon thousands have undertaken the walk up to the oratory, and as many thousands have taken the photo looking back down the steps and to the background of the Puig Maria. The steps are what counts. And one can count them - one for each day of the year. They are for walking on. Except when someone decides to drive on them.
The Calvari steps are steps, not a road
On Tuesday night, residents in the area of the Calvari contacted the police.
Also in News
- EasyJet flight intercepted by fighter as it heads to Balearic airspace
- Irish tourist serious after Santa Ponsa hotel balcony fall
- German tourists, waiters "held" Vietnamese artists until police arrived
- Masks could be reintroduced in Spain's top holiday destinations
- More than 20 people affected by chlorine leak at Puerto Alcudia hotel pool