On Thursday night, four Algerian men were ordered to prison by a court in Palma. They were among six people arrested by the National Police and were found to have been the skippers of migrant boats that were rescued earlier this week by the Guardia Civil and the Maritime Safety Agency. They are charged with facilitating illegal immigration and with violation of the rights of foreign citizens.
Prison for four "skippers" of migrant boats
Also in News
- Change of location for Palma Christmas ball because it was too big
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Penguins land in Mallorca
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Mallorca club owner busted for drug trafficking and possession of prohibited weapons