Until recently, migrants arriving in Mallorca and the Balearics were all Algerian. While getting on for 90% continue to be Algerian, an increasing number are from countries such as Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger. This is attributed to various factors, such as the rise of Islamism and inter-ethnic conflicts.
Mallorca migrants are not all Algerian
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones