On Monday, 172,970 students, in addition to those at private schools, started the new school year. The total at the government-run and grant-maintained schools is down 512 compared with last September. This decrease is mainly attributed to a fall in the birth rate. In Mallorca, there are 138,082 students. Primary schools have more pupils than others - 65,967 in the whole of the Balearics.
Return to school in the Balearics
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for tomorrow