Adopuma, the association which represents beach bar businesses, is demanding the transfer of powers for Balearic coasts "as quickly as possible". The Spanish government has agreed to make this transfer of responsibility from the state Costas Authority to the regional government, but there is as yet no date. It had been suggested that this would happen by the end of the year, but the Balearic minister for the presidency, Mercedes Garrido, recently admitted that no timeframe had been set.
Mallorca beach bars want transfer of coasts' powers asap
The Spanish government has agreed to the transfer
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!