As tourism is the main industry in the Balearics, it has naturally been a key issue for the elections, with political debate focusing on the number of tourists and therefore on tourist saturation (overcrowding).
Mallorca tourist saturation - Over 140,000 new accommodation places since 2000
There were fewer than 4,000 registered holiday rentals places in 2000
Also in News
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Cala d'Or is UK’s top travel destination for 2024 as Mallorca remains number one
- Famous old club to become part of new Palma hotel
- Two more Michelin stars for Mallorca