The period for the tender will be between July and August, and the winning bidder will have four months to get the whole site up and running.
Mayor Hila observed that the convention centre will allow events to be held on a scale that has not previously been possible and that this will help in creating employment.
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for tomorrow