Theme of the Week
The bill for the 2024 budget was in danger of being thrown out, as Vox held out for certain pet demands. One of these was a sum of 20 million euros for the so-called free choice of language in education.
Spending on education in the Balearics is the second lowest in Spain.
The Balearics is at the very bottom of an index of education that covers all other Spanish regions and all EU countries.
The use of a foreign language for actual teaching will be voluntary and will apply across the board from infant to secondary and baccalaureate levels.
Offering a complementary educative programme, the centre uses sport as its main means of bringing about personal integration and development as well as inspiring values of respect, excellence and fellowship.
“The new team at the (education) ministry knows what needs to be done but is not doing so, only talking about first analysing the situation."
“It really increases your mental capacity. I have improved a lot,” said Alvaro, at a chess group in his school north of Madrid.
“Inadequate, deficient and with serious problems related to facilities”.
Talks were cordial with March seeking to arrive at a minimal agreement for now, while objectives in the Balearics are pursued in order to obtain a pact that will improve education in the Balearics
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma