The 'Variat' is the dish par excellence in Mallorca. It is a combination of Mallorcan dishes that is a hit with locals and visitors who want to savour the best of the island. According to experts, the origins of variat go back to the 1950s and 1960s with the arrival of tourism, although in recent years it has undoubtedly come back into fashion among young and old alike.
Our top 10 places where you can try this traditional Mallorcan tapas dish
Experts say that tourists were looking for a variety of tapas and it was when someone who ran an inn had the idea...
- One of the world’s largest super yachts went "missing" after leaving Mallorca
- Carry-on baggage charge to be scrapped says EU
- The Indian summer has arrived in Mallorca
- Record number of flights scheduled for Palma Airport over the winter season
- Albufera Nature Park in Mallorca has had problems because of a 'different' type of visitor