I was reminded the other day of the Balearics hippie tradition. Mostly associated with Ibiza, this reminder came from a news report in the Bulletin in July 1970. It read: "According to reports from the neighbouring island, local hippies were invited by the police to wash themselves and clean up before attending the recent wedding between the Princesa Inmaculada de Borbón-Dos Sicilias and Don Miguel García Sáez. Apparently some of them agreed to the conditions and attended the wedding. The two 'hippies' in the photo are of the weekend variety. They donned their garb for the weekend."
Pink Floyd and the calmness of Formentera
Also in Holiday
- British residents unable to drive in Spain from Friday, licence exchange process still flawed
- One of the world’s largest super yachts went "missing" after leaving Mallorca
- Taylor Swift jets in for Mallorca wedding
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- Eyewitness account when two planes collided on the tarmac at Palma airport in Mallorca