A few weeks ago, I was sent a lovely what’s app video of one of our Pjs’ toddlers helping with the vacuuming. He was engrossed in ‘getting it right’, modelling mum I suppose, but certainly gaining much pleasure out of his mastery. It reminded me of how, in some cultures this is a very natural part of play that leads to early childhood responsibilities within the family and community and raised the question of whether we really are ‘helicopter parenting’ in the Western world.
Are we raising ‘free range’ children?
Also in Holiday
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Opening next year on Mallorca. The new super luxury resort