By April, a perennial and often overlooked grass will be back in abundance across the island, quivering or quaking in the slightest of breezes, where its purple and green, heart-shaped flower heads will hang from delicate stems.
Quaking with the Phoenix
It can grow to a height of 60cm and is a genus of four species in the family Poaceae
Also in Holiday
- British residents unable to drive in Spain from Friday, licence exchange process still flawed
- One of the world’s largest super yachts went "missing" after leaving Mallorca
- Taylor Swift jets in for Mallorca wedding
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- Eyewitness account when two planes collided on the tarmac at Palma airport in Mallorca