The ‘Returners’ are on their way. Sollerics, who now live or study in other places, know where they have to be from 20 August every year. St Bartholomew is the saint of Soller and a huge local fiesta is held in his honour every year at this time. His actual Saints day is 24 August and is said to remember the St Bartholomew’s Day Massacre in 1572, in France.
All Things Soller: Time to party!
As the fire goes out all eyes are on the Nit of Art on Saturday 27 August
Also in Holiday
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024
- Two more Michelin stars for Mallorca
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain
- Police chase ends with arrest of one of Mallorca's most dangerous criminals