The British government proclaimed 2017 as the year of the Royal Navy which caused an outcry from some armchair admirals who complained that the navy has never been smaller. But you can see some examples of why the government is so upbeat. In Portsmouth the new aircraft carrier, Queen Elizabeth, docked in its new home port on Wednesday and Britain’s latest and most expensive destroyer, Duncan, moored in Palma yesterday.
Leaner but fitter
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for tomorrow