If you are sitting in Spain and watching the crisis unfold in Catalonia, you could be forgiven for thinking that it is a question of Keep Calm and Carry On. But imagine if you are sitting back in Britain or Germany and see police making arrests in Catalonia, strikes and demonstrations. It might make you think twice about travelling to Catalonia. I know of one case where a person was due to travel to Barcelona from Britain for a weekend break but decided to cancel because of the ongoing problems. You could say that this was a rather knee-jerk reaction, but if you are on holiday you don't really want to become involved in public strife; after all, it is your moment to relax.
Talking the talk
Also in News
- Palma's Via de Cintura cut off to save the lives of a group of disoriented dogs
- 'She-devil' leader of Mallorca gang ordered to prison
- The ham war of Palma's Olivar Market to go to court
- Which supermarkets are open on December 6 and 8?
- Leader of a gang who stole from trucks in Germany arrested in Mallorca