Much has been said about the controversial tourist tax and its impact on the industry. The hoteliers believe that it should be scrapped at once believing that it is biting into the island´s competitive edge. They could be right. I think I have made my views on the tax very clear; it is not a bad idea as long as the money is well spent. But at the end of the day it is still a tax and has to be paid and I believe that we are already taxed enough.
Also in News
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Demolition catches Son Banya drug dealers unawares
- Cala d'Or is UK’s top travel destination for 2024 as Mallorca remains number one
- Motorcyclist dies after head-on collision with a truck