Marga Prohens came to power earlier this year and apart from lowering a few taxes she is keeping many of the policies and projects introduced by Armengol.
The time has come to ditch the tourist tax.
Spain charges 10 per cent in VAT on food and drink consumed on land - and, it turns out, water.
There seems to me to be an obsessive desire to see Mallorca and the Balearics fail and to blame whatever most suits one’s own narrative, be this Brexit, prices, government attitude, cost-of-living crisis, tourist tax (select as applicable).
British media welcomes tourist tax freeze.
Calls to scrap the tax remain.
The ecologists want the same to be applied to hire car and boat rental companies.
"Tourist tax should be paid at airports and ports of entrance..."
Taxing time for tourists.
The British and the Spanish are not that keen.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma