It would have been rather nice to see British tourists arriving at Majorcan resorts on Monday like their German counterparts. An estimated 10,000 Germans will be coming to the island this week as part of a test scheme and this should herald the start of the summer season with businesses opening in resorts. But while tens of thousands of Germans will be holidaying in the Balearics this summer it is still very uncertain when the first British tourists will arrive.
The long wait
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Opening next year on Mallorca. The new super luxury resort