I once compared tourist operations to mass production. Particularly relevant for the mass of Mallorca, holidaymakers are the raw material along the production chain, a dehumanised system to manage volume. Lined up, checked, processed at departure; herded onto conveyor belts for mass movement - planes and coaches; lined up, checked and processed on arrival twice over - airport and hotel.
Also in News
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Demolition catches Son Banya drug dealers unawares
- Cala d'Or is UK’s top travel destination for 2024 as Mallorca remains number one
- Motorcyclist dies after head-on collision with a truck