The Balearic Port Authority has announced that there will be allowances for shipping companies in order to increase cargo, cruise-ship and ferry-passenger traffic at the five state ports of Palma, Alcudia, Mahon, Ibiza and La Sabina. The authority says that freight traffic is to be given bonuses for the first time. These will apply to ships' fees and to specifics, such as a 23% reduction on the movement of combustible liquid bulk entering Palma. Such measures, the authority points out, apply to other state-owned ports in the Mediterranean and are designed to make them more competitive and gain greater business.
Shipping charges to be reduced to aid competitiveness
Also in News
- Palma's Via de Cintura cut off to save the lives of a group of disoriented dogs
- 'She-devil' leader of Mallorca gang ordered to prison
- The ham war of Palma's Olivar Market to go to court
- Which supermarkets are open on December 6 and 8?
- Leader of a gang who stole from trucks in Germany arrested in Mallorca