Margarita Dahlberg, president of the Balearic association of nautical businesses and industries, says that there has been a 50% growth in the number of yachts over 30 metres in length that have been coming to the Balearics this summer. There has been a "superyacht" effect, which she believes is largely attributable to last year's scrapping of the registration tax for yachts for rent.
Majorca taking superyachts away from Monaco and Croatia
Also in News
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones