The Balearic government has so far recovered 1.1 million euros of funds related to corruption cases that arose from the time that Jaume Matas was president. Silvia Tur, the Gent per Formentera member of parliament, had asked what the status of these funds was. The 1.1 million euros represent only a sixth of the 6.5 million that court cases have identified as having been fraudulently diverted and that must be repaid.
Only 16% of funds defrauded under Matas have been recovered
Also in News
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- An ex-RAF pilot's wish - to donate his Mallorca finca for holidays for disadvantaged children