Which politicians have been having a good crisis? There have been those who have been prominent, but prominence does not in itself guarantee goodness. There are politicians away from these shores who have attained prominence for entirely the wrong reasons. Step forward, for example, Gavin Williamson. In Spain, few politicians have been more prominent than Salvador Illa, the health minister. Good or bad? It’s your choice. My feeling is that it was generally good until the state of alarm ended and at which point he no longer had central command. His most recent intervention, that to do with nightlife and smoking, required regional agreement. He can’t tell the regions what to do, only steer them in a given direction.
Rip it Up and start again?
Also in News
- New "Nomad visa" to be launched on January 1, new life in Spain awaits
- Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló in Turin with their baby boy
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- End of the road in sight for British driving licence saga in Spain
- New owner of "Night Manager" estate in Pollensa asks permission to carry out improvements