Sampol Energia has created the first medium-voltage ship-to-shore electricity connection at a Spanish commercial port. The Mallorca-based company has built an offshore power supply (OPS) substation in Palma to supply electricity to ships moored at the Peraires dock. One of the junction box connections is for medium voltage, the other for low voltage.
Pioneering electricity connection at Palma's port
Also in News
- Marga Prohens, the centre right politician who spent her summers in Southampton, looks set to be new Balearic President
- Oprah Winfrey in Mallorca holiday
- Six-year-old girl falls from a third floor in Palma
- Monday's weather in Mallorca - alerts for rain and thunderstorms
- It´s not fare. Palma taxi problems mount
To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and logged in
Currently there are no comments.