Spain is expected to approve a request to provide bodyguards for fugitive Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont days after he reached an agreement to back acting Socialist Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez's bid for another term in exchange for an amnesty, a government minister said.
He was once Spain's most wanted man but now he will have police bodyguards
Tensions running high in Spain
Also in News
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- The heroin addicts of Palma's Plaça Major
- Son Banya attacker tried to flee the country