Gaudete, gaudete! Christus est natus. Ex Maria virgine, gaudete! A couple of days after rejoicing for the birth of the Virgin Mary, as opposed to Christ, this line from a sacred Christmas carol, believed to have been composed in the sixteenth century and popularised by Steeleye Span in the 1970s, has come to mind. Rejoice, rejoice! Christ isn’t born, but there is to be a rebirth, and X Maria are part of this. Rejoice!
X Maria virgine, gaudete!
Also in Holiday
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British tourist who was in a coma after attack by a Magalluf doorman
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for tomorrow