According to Spain's tourism agency Turespaña, there were 204,487 US tourists in the Balearics over the first eight months of 2023. An increase of over 20% compared with 2022, this number makes the US the eighth largest foreign tourism market behind Germany, the UK, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Austria and Switzerland.
Why Mallorca wants US tourists - They spend twice as much as the British and the Germans
Retail sales benefiting in particular from US tourists
Also in Holiday
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Mallorca Bulletin Reader Offers