The davallament, the descent from the cross, is one of the most solemn events over the Easter period. In Pollensa, it has special significance on account of where it is staged - the steps of the Calvary. Seven years ago, the then mayor, Miquel Àngel March, had a decision to make. It was the first Easter since he had become mayor, and the davallament was an occasion with which his family - well known in Pollensa - had a strong association. Moreover, mayors of Pollensa had long been directly involved with the event and had presided over it with others.
How interesting is Easter?
Holy Week in Palma had been declared to be in the “municipal public interest”
Also in News
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- An ex-RAF pilot's wish - to donate his Mallorca finca for holidays for disadvantaged children