The UGT union says that most of the 2,600 workers who are employed by handling services at Balearic airports have "totally casual" employment contracts. This means, according to the union, that on occasions they can work no more than ten hours a month. This, in turn, means that in order to earn a thousand euros a month they have to have three jobs at the same time.
Union warning of “chaos” over baggage handlers’ working conditions
Also in News
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- Fury in Spain over M&S's Chorizo/paella croquetas
- Boom in foreign real estate agencies in Mallorca's towns is over
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024
- Mallorca to escape polar bomb over December Bank Holiday