At the height of summer there is one operator for 500,000 people.
Getting Spaniards back to work after the pandemic is going to prove hard graft.
In the Balearics, around 200 self-employed delivery riders work for online services.
Workers employed by bakeries with bars can earn up to 500 euros less than workers in other bars and restaurants.
Frank Leavers coments on the serious shortage of labour in the UK at the moment.
Almost three-quarters of nurses say that they experience stress, while 43% consider that they are burnt out.
Aena, the airports authority, turned down the government's suggestion for another meeting to consider working conditions.
Laura Camargo of Podemos described maids as the "real stars of the hotels".
UGT says that most of the 2,600 workers who are employed by handling services at Balearic airports have "totally casual" employment contracts.
There are to be four key campaigns: control of temporary appointments and potential contractual fraud; control of the hours of work; control of part-time contracts; and limitations on overtime.
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- Fury in Spain over M&S's Chorizo/paella croquetas
- Boom in foreign real estate agencies in Mallorca's towns is over
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024
- Mallorca to escape polar bomb over December Bank Holiday