The increase in registrations was partly because of concerns about possible restrictions under new legislation.
There were more boats registered in the Balearics last year than anywhere else in Spain, 709 vessels in all having been registered.
The Balearics is maintaining its national leadership for boat registration, 679 vessels having been registered over the first ten months of the year.
- Britons could be denied entry to the Balearics next year
- British residents taking drastic action over driving licences
- First day of Ryanair strike could affect 73,200 passengers on Friday
- Mallorca Live: Making some changes after first day problems
- Palma delays because of air-traffic control and Ryanair strikes