Area of the highlands of the municipality of Santa Úrsula (Tenerife) where the fire declared yesterday afternoon is still active.
Government figures indicate this year has been the worst year for wildfires in Spain.
40 wildfires are raging today.
A wildfire burns behind houses near Pego, Spain, August 16, 2022. REUTERS/Lorena Sopena
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma