People on the beach and in the sea in Portixol near Palma October 11.
A cold front could reach the Balearics late on Saturday.
The suspect arriving at court today.
In a few hours, the fire has spread to over 300 hectares and there are many secondary fires.
Flames and smoke rise as wildfire burns on the Canary island of Tenerife, Spain, August 16, 2023 in this picture obtained from social media. Gerardo Ibelli/via REUTERS THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN SUPPLIED BY A THIRD PARTY. MANDATORY CREDIT. NO RESALES. NO ARCHIVES.
Balearics on level four fire alert.
This is the third heatwave of the summer in Spain.
Wildfires are spreading across Spain.
July will likely prove to have been the world’s hottest month on record.
Spain is already battling a number of forest fires.
Rainfall since October 2022 has been 28% below the average.
This year's burned area is more than double the size of Luxembourg.
About 1,000 firefighters backed by some 50 aircraft had worked to put out the blaze.
A wildfire is seen from a balcony near the town of Pujerra, which was evacuated, in Cartajima.
A wildfire fanned by strong winds has now driven out close to 2,000 people and killed one emergency worker since it erupted.
Wildfire on Sierra Bermeja mountain.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma