President Armengol nevertheless suggests that there will not be the same "peaks of maximum visitor activity".
"If certain measures aren't taken, the flows of tourists could be unlimited."
Total spending in November increased in line with there having been more tourist arrivals.
Over the weekend there was 100% occupancy in some hotels in the likes of Playa de Palma, Playa de Muro and Cala Ratjada.
The president stressed that the government is committed to regulating rentals. Not every property being rented to tourists will continue to be.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma