You can blame the government in this case the British government | Xesca Serra¶
We´ve had more bookings than cancellations, the Mallorcan Hoteliers Federation said in a press statement this week. This single sentence on a two page statement rather sums up the season so far. Things are bad but everyone is trying to keep positive. This report went on to say that 85 percent of local hotels are now open (the remaining 15 percent will remain closed for the rest of the season).