Recent arrivals are the subject which fascinates me this week. Every year new people arrive to live in the Soller Valley. Their reasons for coming change with the financial situations in other countries, retirements, internet nomads and family stories. There are few that see a job advertised in Mallorca and apply for it. The pay and conditions are so low in comparison with where they have come from. Lifestyle, weather and being only a two hour plane journey away from the UK is often given as the reason for re-location, but a job with a great salary is rarely mentioned.
All Things Soller: Changing of seasons
Busy old September is back after a few years covid related absence
Also in Holiday
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!