The environmentalists GOB are demanding that the Balearic government no longer uses the tourist tax for tourism promotion purposes. They are also insisting that there is "rigour, citizen participation and transparency" in the process for deciding how revenue from the tax is to be spent. The government, in GOB's view, has adopted an "increasingly lax interpretation" and has "deliberately and repeatedly" ignored participation mechanisms.
Environmentalists tell government to stop using tourist tax for tourism promotion
GOB have long been critical of the tax spending decision-making process
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister