Work on the projects in the old town and the port won't start until autumn next year.
The project is for the old town and the port area.
"What would happen if a student goes crazy, gets a weapon and plans a massacre? Who stops him?"
An "anti-jihadist pact" among political parties has agreed a number of anti-terrorism measures.
Heavy barriers are to be installed at all access points to the Born avenue on New Year's Eve, for the Three Kings parade and for the Sant Sebastià fiestas.
- Britons could be denied entry to the Balearics next year
- Palma delays because of air-traffic control and Ryanair strikes
- British residents taking drastic action over driving licences
- First day of Ryanair strike could affect 73,200 passengers on Friday
- Spanish government announces new anti-crisis measures