The actual number of people affected amounts to almost 8% of the Balearic population.
Uncertainties and tensions over the election are affecting Catalan and other Spanish banks.
Spain’s two main banking lobby groups AEB and CECA, whose members include Santander, BBVA and Barcelona-based Caixabank, warned secession could force lenders to consider leaving the region.
Cash withdrawal fees are the latest front, pitting banks against each other as large lenders such as Caixabank announce increased ATM charges for competitors’ customers.
- Rafa´s wife is doing just fine, says sister
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- New Nomad visa could result in surge of foreign families moving to the island
- Yes, it does snow in Spain...even in September!
- Home sharing takes off in Mallorca as the cheap alternative to owning a property