For hoteliers, the current crisis is one of liquidity. Going forward, there has to be a doubt about all the existing hotel stock. Will it be needed?
Gibraltarians are British citizens and rejected by 99% to 1% the idea of the UK sharing sovereignty with Spain in a vote in 2002 and in a previous referendum in 1967.
The initial budget for the aid will be 50,000 euros from the fund’s resources for emergencies.
At the moment the centre in Arenal does not have any electricity and it will take six weeks to get it ready for refugees.
The proposal was made during an extraordinary meeting of the conference on immigration in Madrid.
One of the first tasks in this regard will be for senior representatives of the Majorca Diocese to assess what properties and capacity are available.
Armengol told Rajoy that the Balearics were willing to receive refugees and to help people suffering the “drama” they are.
“Obviously, we want people to be safe but these problems can’t be solved overnight."
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Ex-Ukrainian professional cyclist arrested in Mallorca
- Briton drowns in Can Picafort