Global jet fuel prices have surged to near 14-year highs.
More was spent on subsidising the discount, despite a fall in the number of passengers.
The International Air Transport Association says that confusion about restrictions is holding back air travel.
Airlines have been brought to their knees by the coronavirus pandemic and are making tens of thousands of job cuts to try to survive.
Gabriel Escarrer agrees with President Armengol about the need for the health passport.
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- Briton arrested for sexual advances on Liverpool flight
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!