Travel agencies in regions of Spain are said to be giving "tacit support" to promoting the Balearics.
The association of travel agencies in the Balearics takes issue with the proposed tax.
The travel agents association says that the plans are about improvement, not expansion.
Passengers can expect to pay between 7% and 20% extra for flights from Palma.
Only one in ten visitors to Majorca purchase a guided excursion, demand is falling by 30 percent every year.
"There will be higher rents for residents and there could be property investment exclusively for tourists."
- Two famous Vietnamese artists accused of raping a British teenager
- Irish tourist serious after Santa Ponsa hotel balcony fall
- British arrivals to be fast-tracked at Palma Airport
- "Make or brake" month for British drivers in the Balearics
- German tourists, waiters "held" Vietnamese artists until police arrived