England's deputy chief medical officer Jonathan Van-Tam is leaving the role and returning to academic life.
Monday's incidence rate was the highest registered in Spain since Feb. 5
Some Spanish youth are fed up and feel they are being unfairly blamed for the surge.
The disbursement of the European Union recovery funds will further boost the economy, but the impact will mainly be felt in 2022.
The government projects a 7.2% rebound this year after output dropped by 11% in 2020.
Nurses conduct PCR swab tests on residents of the Basque town of Elorrio during mass testing
Spain's government announced on Tuesday it had extended controls along its 1,200-km border with Portugal.
The European Commission has allowed governments to temporarily provide direct aid and convert some debt into grants to support their economies.
Months after treating COVID-19 patients, medics say they still suffer mental impact
About 45% of healthcare staff in Spain were at high risk of some type of mental disorder after the coronavirus' first wave.
coronavirus patients in one of the Covid ICUs.
"That means a change to the rules of the game and to the approach we have been taking over the last few months"
Coronavirus disease vaccination in Madrid.
- Britons could be denied entry to the Balearics next year
- Palma delays because of air-traffic control and Ryanair strikes
- British residents taking drastic action over driving licences
- First day of Ryanair strike could affect 73,200 passengers on Friday
- Mallorca Live: Making some changes after first day problems