Airbnb said this month it had recorded a "disproportionate" 31% rise in single-room listings on its platform in the third quarter, attributing it to more homeowners seeking extra income amid a cost-of-living crisis.
Inflation in March reached 9.8%.
A Melia hotel on Mallorca.
Hotel investment is forecast to recover later this year.
Real-estate investment in the Spanish hotel sector fell over 60% in 2020.
Protocols for hotels and beaches have been drafted and forwarded to the health ministry for approval.
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- Fury in Spain over M&S's Chorizo/paella croquetas
- Boom in foreign real estate agencies in Mallorca's towns is over
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024
- Mallorcan shot dead in Brazil was "executed"