In 2017, the Majorcan Hotel Federation estimated that its members had paid out around 50 million euros to settle false claims.
A court appearance in Palma is scheduled for early May.
70% of people don’t know that making a false claim for holiday sickness could result in a prison sentence in the UK or abroad.
"Clearly it’s fraud. There is no doubt about it. There is co-operation needed between the industry and police to investigate this stuff further."
- Britons will have to pay to come to Mallorca from 2022
- More bad news for British residents driving in Spain
- Palma airport damaging Mallorca's image in the UK
- Tourist who dived into Magalluf pool was egged on by friends
- Enough is enough! Petition launched after UK driving licences banned in Spain for residents